This family LOVES pizza! I mean who in the heck does not like a fresh slice of heaven and it’s Vegan approved!
Okay perhaps the analogy of heaven and pizza might not be the best, but you get the point that pizza is amazing to us. Ha ha!
Now I have not been able to eat dairy for a long time and since then I have found ways to enjoy pizza. Learning about different dairy free cheeses and that they do have different tastes. Knowing that probably making my own nuts cheese is the best idea, but I mean I have already given up the tasty dairy we all love so much. However now I know what I know, I do not even believe we should consume dairy products. That’s another subject and another day.
I used to make pizza on tortilla with lots of veggies and vegan cheese. It is still a favorite of mine! The light toasty tortilla shell and fresh vegetables is seriously mouth watering.
Husband likes meats on his pizza and my daughter prefer just cheese and pepperoni. Well we don’t consume meat anymore, so I got my husband to join my vegetable pizza and made a second cheese only that everyone could enjoy.
Now this dough turned out literally perfect! I bet if you chose to make the size a bit smaller and stuff the crust, it would be epic! Slather some garlic butter over the crust before baking, yum.
However I didn’t do either of those things this time around, perhaps next time.
Here is what you will need for the dough:
- 4 cups all purpose flour (set some aside for rolling later)
- 1.5 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 pack of active dry yeast. (I suggest using fast acting)
- 1.5 cups warm water. (Roughly 110 F)
- 2 tbsp olive oil (additional 2 tsp/set aside)
- Warm your water and get your yeast packet. Combine your packet of yeast, 1 tsp sugar with 1.5 cups warm water. Set aside and allow to become active. 10 minutes approx.
2. Combine 4 cups flour, 1.5 tsp salt and the yeast mixture. (Once the yeast is ready) I used a silicone spatula to combine. You can also use a dough hook.
3. Now add your 2 tbsp Olive oil (optional but I highly suggest) combine or use hook until forms a solid ball. If dough is too sticky add 1 tbsp flour at a time until it is not. Or 1 tbsp water at a time if too dry.
4. Remove from the bowl and knead for roughing 3-5 minutes on a floured counter top.
5. Now grease a clean bowl with the other olive oil (2 tsp) and set your dough ball inside. Cover with a towel, let sit and rise for approx 1 hour or until doubled in size. (Be sure it’s a little warm where you set it. I placed mine in a corner cubby on the counter.)
6. When the dough has doubled in size, remove from the bowl and place on a floured surface. Separate into two pieces and form two balls.
7. Now cover with the same towel and rest for 15 minutes. NOW Preheat your oven to 450 F.
8. Now press down with your palm to create a circle. I stretch over a sheet of parchment paper. Begins stretching the outside to pull and create a larger circle. Be careful not to create to thin of areas. Remain an even dough nest you can. If the dough keeps shrinking back up when you pull on it, set it back aside and rest for an additional 5-10 minutes.
10. Once your oven is preheated and your pizzas are dressed. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted. I rubbed a little olive oil on the edges before baking.
There is always something special with home made pizza and the flavor it gives. Nothing like it. I hope you enjoy and share with your friends and family.